Sunday, December 12, 2021

Brian Ross, Aughnacloy, County Tyrone, Death, Funeral, December 2021

Brian Ross, Aughnacloy, County Tyrone, Death, Funeral, December 2021

It is with great sadness that I learn of the death of my cousin Brian McKenna (Ross), Aughnacloy, County Tyrone.

Brian Ross bought his pub The Rossmore in Aughnacloy in the 1970s after it had been bombed by Loyalists, and at the time of being bombed had been owned by Seamus McMeel (Neddy).

Brian Ross was everything a Barman should be, everyone was welcome, you left your politics and religion at the door or you went right back out it again.

When Brian first bought the Rossmore, it was very small inside, the lads, Paul Quinn, John Morrision, Brian Singleton, Harry Dunlop and others would arrive in after a day’s work, I was till at school but I would be in Brian’s straight after school and get the darts going.

At one point my father, two brothers-in-law and I played for The Rossmore in the Clogher Valley League.

Brian Ross was always very good to me, he himself a great dart thrower, and he would often travel with the team to Monaghan’s or McKenna’s in Augher for the League games.

Brian Ross encouraged me to throw darts and I would in turn clear tables for him when the pub was busy and he would give me coke and crisps for my work.

Brian Ross was very proud when I won the Clogher Valley individual darts competition, although at the time I was still only 13 years-old. I got £15, a Trophy and my picture in the paper with Brian Ross.

I would like to extend my sincere sympathy to Brian’s immediate and extended family.

Rest easy big man, always fond memories.

Vincent McKenna BSSc PGDipSSc MSC (First Class)

Murder of Sophie Tuscan Du Plantier by Vincent McKenna

Murder of Sophie Tuscan Du Plantier by Vincent McKenna Introduction and Key Events On the 23 December, 1996, when 39-year-old French wom...