Sunday, April 26, 2020

William Hampton, Sinn Fein, Millions

William Hampton Sinn Fein/PIRA Millions

11th December 2019

FAO
Director General RTE
Donnybrook
Dublin 4

Ref: Complaint: William E. Hampton - RTE Prime Time Programme – 10th December 2019 - 9.35pm

Dear Sir/Madam

On Tuesday night I had watched the RTE News at 9pm and at the end of the News there was an advertisement for the Prime Time Programme to follow, on the advertisement I seen two  people that I recognised, although the advertisement did not name either, the men I recognised from the advertisement were Owen Smyth AKA Eoin Smyth and William E. Hampton AKA Billy, I decided to watch the Prime Time Programme to see what was being said.

Background
Towards the end of 2006 I received a phone call from Kevin McKenna asking if I could do him a favour. I was working very hard in 2006 and did not really have time to get involved in anything, however, I agreed to meet with Kevin McKenna in Smithborough in Monaghan. Kevin McKenna told me that a man by the name of William Hampton AKA Billy, had left Sinn Fein a large amount of money in his Will in 1997, but now wanted to change his Will and leave his money to The Irish Labour Party as he had become aware of the fact that Sinn Fein President Gerry Adams, Joe Cahill and the leadership in Belfast had covered up the rape of children and protected the rapists.

Kevin McKenna asked me if I would go to the UK and meet with William Hampton and try to convince him that giving his money to Sinn Fein would help with the peace-process. Kevin did not want to send any member of Sinn Fein/PIRA to meet with William Hampton.

In March 2007 Kevin McKenna had set-up a meeting between William Hampton and I, that meeting was to take place at The Black Boy Inn in Caernarfon, Wales. At my own expense I travelled to Wales by Ferry and booked into The Black Boy Inn in Caernarfon. The day after I booked into the Black Boy Inn, William Hampton arrived and asked for xxxxxxx at the Reception.

William Hampton, who insisted that I call him Billy was a strange wee man, but who was well educated about the ways of the world. Billy told me that he had left most of his estate to Sinn Fein/PIRA in a Will that he had made in 1997, but he now wanted to change his mind as he had learned about the numbers of children who had been raped by Sinn Fein/PIRA and that Gerry Adams, Joe Cahill and the leadership had protected the rapists while silencing the children, Billy said that he now wanted to leave his money to the Irish Labour Party as he believed that Pat Rabbitte, Eamon Gilmore and the Labour Party were better able to represent Irish interests.

William Hampton told me that when he had initially spoken to Kevin McKenna on the phone in 2006 about his plans to change his Will, Kevin McKenna became very aggressive and said that Billy would make him (Kevin) look like a fool to the leadership, Billy said that Kevin McKenna had told Billy in no uncertain terms that if he changed his Will, he (Kevin McKenna) would get a couple of young lads in Cootehill to say that Billy had molested them when he (Billy) had lived in Cootehill and Sinn Fein would get their money that way, Billy said that Kevin McKenna had told him that his (Billy’s legacy would be that of Paedophile and not Patriot and Sinn Fein had a media machine that could deliver that message to every corner of the world). William Hampton also said that when he had contacted the solicitor in Cootehill in 2006 with whom he had made his Will in 1997, and told him that he wanted to leave his money to the Labour Party, that solicitor had warned him that the PIRA would not take such a change of heart lightly.

I told Billy that Kevin McKenna should not have threatened him, I told Billy that I could not speak for Kevin McKenna or Sinn Fein/PIRA, and my only mission was to try and convince Billy to leave the money to Sinn Fein as it would help with the ‘peace-process’, Billy kept going back to the threats made against him by Kevin McKenna and it appeared that Billy was taking those threats very seriously and he did not want to be remembered a paedophile as such a legacy would play into the hands of people he had despised all his life, Billy did not name any individual or group that he so despised. I did not inform Billy, and I do not think he knew, that Pat Rabbitte and Eamon Gilmore were original Official Sinn Fein (Sticky’s) and hate figures for Kevin McKenna and the Sinn Fein/PIRA leadership in general.

This threat by Kevin McKenna against Billy in 2006, may be why in the Prime Time programme Owen Smyth states, that, “Billy’s money is better than the Northern Bank money as it is legitimate “if” they handle it right”, this suggests that Smyth might have known about the threat and the possibility that the discovery of such a threat could show that the money was left to Sinn Fein/PIRA under duress and is in fact the proceeds of crime, coercion.

I asked Billy how much he had left Sinn Fein in his Will and he said it was substantial and in many bank accounts around the world, he did not give a definitive figure and I am not sure that he knew, I asked him why his money was so widely distributed around the world and he simply said to hide it from the tax man.

After Billy and I enjoyed meal together in The Black Boy Inn he left and I never seen him again, I stayed in the Black Boy Inn until the Monday and I returned home to Ireland by Ferry. I reported to Kevin McKenna about the meeting with Billy, I told Kevin McKenna that while I understood why he had threatened Billy, I thought it was despicable, however, I felt that because of that threat Billy would not change his Will even if he wanted to.

Inaccuracies in The Prime-Time Programme

Prime Time presented as almost inconsequential the conviction of Owen Smyth for IRA membership in the 1970s, in fact Owen Smyth was convicted in 1982, and the murder charges relating to his self-admitted role in the murders of 86 year-old Norman Strong and his 57 year old son James at Tynan Abbey in January 1981 were left on the books, as Smyth had effectively turned super-grass, but retracted his State’s evidence when he was remined by The PIRA that his family lived in Monaghan. Eamon Collins, Robert Lean, Bow Scally, Rab McAllister and many others had gone through the same process, turning informer and then retracting.

I was 17 years old when I was in The Republican A Wing of Crumlin Road Jail with Owen Smyth in 1981, Owen Smyth told me that he had ‘filled the books’ when arrested by The RUC as he did not want to go to jail for the murders of Norman Strong and James Strong.

Owen Smyth told me that he and Jim Lynagh had planned the Strong murders.

The Prime Time programme stated that charges in relation to the human bomb attack in 1990 were dropped as Owen Smyth had an alibi, in fact in the programme Owen Smyth states that if there were 20 people in his pub it would be full, yet his alibi was that there were 26 people in his pub on the night he was accused of being involved in the human bomb in 1990 and his alibi only materialised after he was charged. He was charged based on his own admissions and eye witness testimony.

Smyth states that in 1997 he spoke to Kevin McKenna about William Hampton, as, “for want of a better word Kevin McKenna was my Boss”, this at a time when Kevin McKenna was Chief of Staff, so Smyth is admitting that he was a member of a terrorist organisation in 1997 a crime for which he has never been prosecuted.

The Prime-Time reporter air-brushed the victims of Owen Smyth’s and Sinn Fein/PIRA crimes from history and presented a very carefully crafted caricature of Owen Smyth who has always been viewed as a dangerous and manipulative individual, who has been going deeper and deeper into a Walter-Mitty existence. It is interesting that the Sinn Fein leadership offer a different view of William Hampton’s contact with the party.


Murder of Sophie Tuscan Du Plantier by Vincent McKenna

Murder of Sophie Tuscan Du Plantier by Vincent McKenna Introduction and Key Events On the 23 December, 1996, when 39-year-old French wom...